Back in the saddle again
Well, we managed to spend a whole week in Switzerland without causing them to rethink this whole entry-into-the-UN thing, so on that score alone I'd have to call the vacation a success. Seriously, we had a wonderfully relaxing time, and sometime between catching up on email, snail mail, voice mail, and moving houses I'll get the pictures developed and posted on our home page with a link here for those of you might be interested. In the meantime, here are a few thoughts to get my blogging muscles warmed up again:
- Man, you leave the country for a few days and the celebrities start dropping like dime bags at Marion Barry's campaign headquarters. Dudley Moore, Milton Berle, Billy Wilder, the Queen Mum - did I miss anybody?
- Did you know that Europe starts Daylight Savings Time a week before North America? That means we get to spring forward - and lose an hour's sleep - on two consecutive weekends.
- I swear, the one time we fail to put an emergency change of clothes into our carryon luggage is the time that our checked bags fail to make it to the connecting flight. Fortunately, British Airways fulfilled its promise to deliver them to us on the next flight, which was (also fortunately) later that same day.
- I hate the Big 12, so if they had to have two teams make it to the Final Four at least they both had the decency to lose there. Congrats to the Terps for their championship and to the Connecticut women for their perfect season.
- Baseball season! Woo hoo!!
- A week without Internet access is a loooooong time...
That's it for now. I'll be back to my usual posting routine tomorrow.
Posted by Charles Kuffner on April 02, 2002 to See, I do have a life!