Stuff that I haven't had the time or energy to write about lately but figured I should at least mention:
- The upcoming end of the Enron trials. For reasons that I still can't adequately explain, I've not been terribly interested in the whole Jeff Skilling/Kenny Boy Lay trial. They've been interesting enough as these things go, but I just have not been into it. The Chron, Houstonist, and Tom Kirkendall have been more than up to the task
- Whether or not the Astros will sign Roger Clemens. It's starting to take on an NFL draft level of hype around here. The Stros know whatever they pay Clemens will be made up at the box office and in merchandise sales. The Rocket knows he still has gas in his tank. This shouldn't be hard, fellas. Either Roger wants to or he doesn't.
- The recent stories about how Props 1 and 2 may wind up causing some tax cuts. Unlike Kevin, I'm not terribly impressed by what Andy Taylor says regarding enforcement of Prop 2. I seem to recall some braggadicio from Taylor last year about proving massive voter fraud in HD149, which would restore Talmadge Heflin to the State House. Didn't work out so well for him.
- Blog wars!. Okay, it's not really anything like that. Just an observation that there's more liberal blogs in Texas that focus on state and local politics than there are conservative blogs.
- Strayhorn versus Abbott. Now there's a battle.
- Tom DeLay's legal bills. Main point to take away: If DeLay needs this kind of scratch (and undoubtedly more) for his various legal defenses, then he's not going to be able to help seed the Chosen One's campaign kitty. That person will start out with whatever cash he or she currently has on hand, and each day that passes puts him or her farther behind Nick Lampson. On a side note, The Umpire does not think the Chosen One will be Shelley Sekula Somethingorother.
- No Pants Day. Ah, to be in college again.Posted by Charles Kuffner on May 05, 2006 to Blog stuff | TrackBack