Early voting for the City Council and HISD runoff elections begins today and runs through Tuesday.
WHAT: The second and final round of voting to fill the four public offices.
WHY: No candidate got a majority of the vote in those contests in the first round this month.
WHO CAN VOTE: Registered voters who live in the city of Houston can vote in the only citywide race, for council At-Large Position 5. The candidates are Jolanda Jones and Joe Trevino.
Residents of Council District D in central and southern parts of the city also can vote in the district race between Wanda Adams and Lawrence Allen Jr.
Residents of Council District E in northeast and southeast parts of the city also can vote in the district race between Mike Sullivan and Annette Dwyer.
Residents of HISD board District 2 on the north side can vote in the race between Carol Mims Galloway and Michael Yarbrough.
WHEN: For in-person early voting, 20 balloting stations are open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. through Saturday; 1 to 6 p.m. Sunday and 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday and Tuesday. Votes may also be cast early by mail.
HOW: For voting information, call the Harris County Clerk's Office at 713-755-6965.
- Main office: Harris County Administration Building, 1001 Preston, 1st floor
- Acres Homes: Acres Homes Multi-Service Center, 6719 West Montgomery
- North: Hardy Senior Center, 11901 West Hardy
- Alief: Alief Regional Branch Library, 7979 South Kirkwood
- Southwest: Bayland Park Community Center, 6400 Bissonnet near Hillcroft
- Near west side: Tracy Gee Community Center, 3599 Westcenter
- Far west side: Altharetta Yeargin Art Museum, 901 Yorkchester
- Spring Branch: Harris County Courthouse Annex #35, 1721 Pech
- Southeast: Palm Center, 5300 Griggs Road (Enter JP/Constable door)
- Astrodome area: Fiesta Mart Inc., 8130 Kirby
- South Houston: The Power Center, 12401 South Post Oak
- Sunnyside: Sunnyside Multi-Service Center, 4605 Wilmington
- Southeast: H.C.C.S. Southeast College, 6815 Rustic
- Clear Lake: Freeman Branch Library, 16616 Diana Lane
- Kashmere: Julia C. Hester House, 2020
- Kingwood: HC Library-Kingwood Branch, 4102 Rustic Woods
- Moody Park: Moody Park Recreation Center, 3725 Fulton
- Northeast: BeBe Tabernacle Methodist Church, 7210 Langley
- Neartown: Metropolitan Multi-Service Center, 1475 West Gray
- East side: Ripley House, 4410 Navigation
I did not have the opportunity to interview District E candidate Michael Sullivan, or either of the two HISD candidates. I am in the process of asking the Council candidates to send me a statement about why you should vote for them in the runoff. I will print those as I get one for each candidate involved in a particular runoff.Posted by Charles Kuffner on November 28, 2007 to Election 2007