Man, I can't wait to see what the final lineup of candidates is, and who if anyone will be the designated Chosen One to replace Chuck "Right Ear" Rosenthal. Before we get there, here's a quick roundup of what has happened so far today:
- Republican TJ Baker-Holm has announced that she is in for CD18. I expect she will run an interesting campaign.
- The Statesman reports that CD10 Republican Charlie James has decided to end his primary challenge against incumbent Rep. Mike McCaul.
- According to the Swing State Project, Democrats will field candidates in at least 12 of the 19 Republican-held districts, while Republicans are challenging seven of 13 Dem-held districts so far. I still can't believe CD17 is not on the list.
- Still waiting on some judicial candidates to file - there's no one yet in the 129th or 165th Civil Courts, and I still haven't seen Jim Sharp's name yet. I'm sure it will all be taken care of by 6, but the closer we get to the finish line, the greater the chance of a screwup. Still no word regarding Criss-Yanez yet, and no word regarding Jim Jordan or Susan Strawn, either.
- Finally, here are a few links concerning the Rosenthal saga to tide you over till we get the final word from on high:
Enjoy!Posted by Charles Kuffner on January 02, 2008 to Election 2008