So I was driving out to Katy this past Saturday with my mother-in-law and Audrey, so I could install a new computer for my mother-in-law's aunt, and along the way my MIL asked me how the new managed lanes are going to work. "Let me get this straight: either you have multiple people in the car, or you pay a toll," she said.
"Right," I replied.
"How are they going to enforce that?"
Well, I may not know, but the Houston-Galveston Area Council does know, and they want to tell you all about it.
The Houston-Galveston Area Council will hold five public meetings in August to explain the four new "managed lanes" that will open in October in the middle of the Katy Freeway.
The meetings start at 6 p.m.:
- Aug. 14: Kendall Branch Library, 14330 Memorial, Houston
- Aug. 19: Katy Elementary School cafeteria, 5726 George Bush, Katy
- Aug. 21: Memorial Church of Christ, 900 Echo, Houston
- Aug. 26: Cinco Ranch Library, 2620 Commercial Center, Katy
- Aug. 28: Heights Branch Library, 1302 Heights Blvd., Houston