I have a draft canvass of precinct data for Harris County, and have been happily slicing and dicing it to see what secrets I can tease out. There's all kind of fascinating stuff in there - right now my biggest problem is figuring out where to begin - so let me give you a preview of some of it.
- Republican strength has eroded across the board in Harris County. Some "safe" State Rep districts are a lot more competitive than you might think.
- The Obama effect: Where the President-elect ran ahead of the pack, where he ran behind, and how that might have affected downballot races.
- West Harris County ain't what it used to be, and that affords plenty of opportunities for Democrats going forward.
- The Adrian Garcia juggernaut.
- Who were the strongest candidates relative to their partymates, and who were the weakest? And how far apart were they?
All this and more, thanks to the magic of Excel and the benificence of the County Clerk's office. Stay tuned!Posted by Charles Kuffner on November 13, 2008 to Election 2008