Today is Appropriate Michael Savage’s Name For Your Own Purposes Day, and after reading Neal Pollack’s opening salvo, I just know that I can’t compete. Hell, looking at Pollack and Atrios and Blah3, I didn’t even realize that the serious playas would be, like, redesigning their sites for this. Still, I promised that I would do something, so I’d better do something.
But then I figured the poor boy would be under such an unrelenting assault from America-hating liberals all day today that maybe I’d exercise a little compassion. So I took a little trip down to the public library and checked out a copy of his book Savage Nation and spent last night reading it. As a public service to you, I hereby present the Top Ten Nice Things About Michael Savage That You America-Hating Liberals Didn’t Know But That I Now Do From Having Read His Wonderful Book:
10. He has the complete works of Judy Garland on VHS and where possible on DVD.
9. He’s an accomplished dancer, especially when going backwards and in high heels.
8. He once saved John Derbyshire‘s life after Derb was bitten on the ass by a rattlesnake.
7. His favorite pet is a declawed gerbil he got from Richard Gere.
6. He enjoys going to the park with George Michael and going to the theater with Pee Wee Herman.
Well, OK, I lied, there were only five nice things about Mr. Savage Weiner that I could find in his book. Maybe his next book will have more.
Have a happy Appropriate Michael Savage’s Name For Your Own Purposes Day, and if you hear from Savage Weiner’s lawyers, be sure to refer them to this guy.