The Chron story on the Democrats’ Senate conventions yesterday is pretty much in line with what I’ve heard from folks who attended theirs – some were chaotic, some went smoothly, all had a lot of people and took a long time. I’m just going to link to various reports so you can get a feel for what happened.
– BOR reported real-time results from all the county and Senate conventions. As of midnight, they had Obama leading in delegates 56.05% to 43.95%, with 133 conventions representing 72% of all delegates reporting.
– According to Stace, the SD04 convention was “Smooooth” and featured numerous candidates who were well-received.
– Tammy has some concerns with how the delegates acted in Brazoria County.
– Rep. Aaron Pena reports from Hidalgo County.
– Hal says the SD18 convention was “everything anyone could possibly expect in this singular year of high interest and involvement”, which mainly means it was confusing.
So. Those of you who attended a Senate convention, what was your impression? Leave a comment and let me know.