Gonna try something a little different that week. Here are ten lyric snippets from my song library. Your job is to name the song and the artist – original or cover of your choice, I don’t care. Obviously, using the Internet or your smartphone or whatever else to find the answers is Not Fair and spoils the purpose, so please don’t do it. Here we go:
1. Everyone’s a superhero
Everyone’s a Captain Kirk
2. I’m so ugly
That’s okay, cause so are you
We broke our mirrors
3. You leave the Pennsylvania station round a quarter to four
Read a magazine and then you’re in Baltimore
4. The paper holds their folded faces to the floor
And every day, the paper boy brings more
5. I’m the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral
Can’t understand what I mean?
Well, you soon will
6. You were licking your lips, and your lipstick’s shining
I was dying just to ask for a taste
7. He took her down to Chinatown
And showed her how to kick the gong around
8. Doesn’t have a point of view
Knows not where he’s going to
Isn’t he a bit like you and me?
9. Well, I’m heavenly blessed and worldly wise
A peeping-tom techie with x-ray eyes
10. I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
I think these are all fairly non-obscure songs that most people will have heard of. Knock yourselves out in the comments.