This weekend is my 25-year college reunion. Here are ten songs to put one in the mood for reuniting with increasingly old friends. If you’ll excuse me, the open bar is calling my name.
1. My Old School – Steely Dan
2. Bright College Days – Tom Lehrer
3. Didn’t Go To College (But I Could Have) – Austin Lounge Lizards
4. Old Friends – Simon and Garfunkel
5. Be True To Your School – Beach Boys
6. The Good Old Days – The Lodger
7. The Old Days – Dr. Dog
8. Old Folks’ Boogie – Little Feat
9. I’ve Loved These Days – Billy Joel
10. Birdland – Trinity University Jazz Band
The last one is because that was our favorite song that the jazz band played. The rest I think you can figure out. Have a good, soggy-with-nostalgia weekend.