Girl groups of old and of new this week.
1. Didn’t Leave Nobody But The Baby – Emmylou Harris, Alison Krauss & Gillian Welch
2. Pony (It’s OK) – Erin McCarley
3. I’d Rather Go Blind – Etta James
4. I Love You Like A Ball And Chain – The Eurythmics (Annie Lennox)
5. Shame – Evelyn “Champagne” King
6. Do Wah Diddy – The Exciters (Brenda Reid, Carolyn (Carol) Johnson, Lillian Walker)
7. Johnny Angel – Shelley Fabares
8. Joy To The World – Faith Hill
9. Mushaboom – Feist
10. Miss Movin’ On – Fifth Harmony (Ally Brooke, Normani Kordei, Dinah Jane, Camila Cabello, and Lauren Jauregui)
Don’t ask me why Shelley Fabares sorted with the letter F and not the letter S. iTunes is just like that sometimes. If you’re like me, you’re probably more familiar with the Manfred Mann version of “Do Wah Diddy”, but The Exciters did it first, from the female perspective. Fifth Harmony, which got its start on “The X Factor”, is one of those groups that I’d never have heard of if it weren’t for my daughters. I’m glad I have heard of them, because I like their stuff. A good girl group is a joy to behold, or be-listen to.